Had enough of the surf and sand this summer? Enjoy a beautiful day at one of Hampton Road’s many top-notch golf courses!
From the golf pro to the recreational golfer, we did the leg work to track down the highest rated golf courses near our Ashdon Builder New Home Communities.
From country clubs to public golf courses, the Hampton Roads area has something for every golfer.
Top Chesapeake Golf Courses
With Chesapeake being the second-largest city by land size, the area has ample opportunity for sprawling golf courses, and these do not disappoint!
- Chesapeake Golf Club—Their website emphasizes “you will be treated like a family”—aside from a quality course, the Chesapeake Golf Club also boasts a restaurant, Traditions, as well a pool area.
- Cahoon Plantation Golf Course—Claiming the only bent grass golf course from tee to fairway to green in the area, they promise the smoothest playing service available. The Cahoon Plantation Golf Course also offers a bar and grill to enjoy after a round of golf.
- Battlefield Golf Club—With elevation changes of 35-40 feet, this course challenges golfers to make extra calculations unusual to the other Hampton Roads area golf courses.
Top Virginia Beach Golf Courses
If you’re a golfer, then you know Virginia Beach has A LOT of golf course options. And that’s an understatement.
That’s why we went to the experts at GoldAdvisor.com to find the courses that outrank the rest—but are still super convenient to our Virginia Beach Ashdon Builders New Home Communities.
- Red Wing Lake—Red Wing Lake is one of the golf properties owned by Golf Management, Inc. According to their Facebook page, the mission for this course was to bring the feeling of “serenity, tranquility, and surrounded by nature.”
- Virginia Beach National Golf Club—With a name like that, you know it’s a great course. According to their course Architect Pete Dye, “The job of the designer is to provide a challenge to advanced players without creating so much frustration that beginners leave the game of golf or migrate to a less difficult course.”
- Hell’s Point—Rated one of the 100 best designed golf courses in the country by the American Society of Golf Course Architects, this course touts the recognition to earn the respect of golfers at all levels.
Top Suffolk Golf Courses
With Suffolk’s gorgeous water views and rolling grass fields—it’s no wonder it’s a golfing destination.
- Riverfront Golf Club—This public course provides spectacular views and a newly added café and banquet room for gatherings.
- Sleepy Hole Golf Course—This course is absolutely picturesque located on the Nansemond River. Sleepy Hole Golf Course tests players of all skill levels with its legendary 18th hole rated “most challenging in Hampton Roads.”
Be sure to take advantage of the Hampton Road’s area’s top rated golf courses near some of our most popular new home communities!